For the Christian
Science Quarterly Bible Lesson for Sunday, May 27, 2001
The answers to all of these questions
can be found (1) in the Bible Lesson itself, (2) in the "Bible Lesson
study aid" at http://www.bibletexts.com/bl.htm,
or (3) in other webpages on the BibleTexts.com website, the homepage of
which is http://www.bibletexts.com.
Golden Text and Responsive Reading
- What is the meaning of the word soul as used in
- What is the biblical justification for the capitalization
of the word Soul?
- How does health relate to the subject of "Soul and
- How does identity relate to the subject of "Soul
- Why should we not fear?
- How do warnings against idolatry relate to the subject
of "Soul and Body?"
- How do thought and body relate to thought, and what does
this have to do with God?
- What the lessons about the subject of "Soul and
Body" are taught being by the story of Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael,
- How do repentance, the Kingdom of God, and the Lord's
Prayer relate with each other?
- What should be a Christian's perspective on money, possessions,
and human needs?
- Of what value is physical exercise?
- In Bible citation #B14, how might you explain why "godliness"
in the KJV and in the NRSV is translated as "spiritual
exercise" in the TEV?
- What is the impact of thinking and talking a lot about
- How much can we depend upon the Psalmist's description
of God as one "who forgives all your iniquity, who heals all your
- How does the healing of the lame man in Bible citation
#B16 relate to the subject of "Soul and Body?"
- What is the practical significance and individual responsibility
of Paul's statement that "your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit"
(Bible citation #18)
- What is the impact on one's life, character, and body
of 'letting God transform you inwardly by a complete change of your mind'
(Bible citation #19)?
- What is the value of consistently recognizing that "the
capacity we have comes from God" (TEV), that "our competence
is from God" (NRSV), as described in Bible citation #20? How
does this relate to the subject of "Soul and Body?"
* Copyright 1996-2001
Robert Nguyen Cramer *