The teachings of St. Paul -- useful today for church guidance
Workshop table of contents - Copyright 1996-2002 Robert Nguyen Cramer
Topic: Based upon the following words of Mary Baker Eddy ("Permanency of The Mother Church and Its Manual," page 12):
Never abandon the By-laws nor the denominational government of the Mother Church. If I am not personally with you, the Word of God, and my instructions in the by-laws have led you hitherto and will remain to guide you safely on, and the teachings of St. Paul are as useful to-day as when they were first written.
Outline of the workshop
0. Pre-workshop, food-for-thought questions
1. A brief history of Paul and the churches with whom he was in contact.
2. A summary of Paul's 7 unquestionably authentic letters.
3. An exploration of the quotations and teachings of Jesus in Paul's letters.
4. An exploration of references to Paul and to his writings in Mary Baker Eddy's writings.
5. A sampling of "the teachings of St. Paul" that are "useful today" for church guidance.
6. An exploration of the practical value of "having a clear understanding of the outward facts concerning the Bible passages" and the value of using recognized "high authorities" of biblical scholarship in one's individual study, as exemplified by Mrs. Eddy's own approach to Bible study and as described in an editorial on "The Lesson Sermon" in The Christian Science Journal, May, 1899, pages 144-152.
7. Bible research tools sold in Christian Science Reading Rooms in Mrs. Eddy's day.
8. Current recommended Bible research tools
9. Questions and answers
WORKSHOPS: Arrangements can be made for Bob Nguyen Cramer to conduct this BibleTexts.com workshop at your local church or other location. Workshops on other subjects also can be developed and presented upon request. When considering possible subjects, you may wish to explore the many topics addressed on the BibleTexts.com website. All of these workshops can be customized to address any denominational or non-denominational audience. For further information email email@example.com. When corresponding about the possibility of a workshop, please type "BibleTexts.com workshop" in the email "Subject" field, and provide your church's name and contact information in the body of your email.